You need baby wash cloths and pipe cleaners to make these. The wash cloths I used measured 10 1/2" x 11".
- Fold the sides of the wash cloth in to meet in the middle.
- Fold the other ends in to meet in the middle.
- Tuck one end inside the other.
- Scrunch the wash cloth together with your fingers.
- Twist a pipe cleaner around the wash cloth and bend the ends up to look like antennas.
I did a butterfly with a onesie and a burp cloth. The onesie is a little harder. You just have to play with the folds until you get it the size you want. These would look really cute if you use a wash cloth with a design on the fabric.
Here is my finished 4 tier boutique butterfly cake, front & back:
Perfect for a butterfly themed baby shower centerpiece!