Sunday, April 27, 2008

Butterfly Wash Cloths for diaper cakes and gift baskets

I was trying to think up a cute way to put decorative accents on my new boutique butterfly diaper cake using wash cloths and burp cloths. I came up with these cute butterfly wash cloths that are really easy to make.

You need baby wash cloths and pipe cleaners to make these. The wash cloths I used measured 10 1/2" x 11".


  • Fold the sides of the wash cloth in to meet in the middle.


  • Fold the other ends in to meet in the middle.



  • Tuck one end inside the other.



  • Scrunch the wash cloth together with your fingers.


  • Twist a pipe cleaner around the wash cloth and bend the ends up to look like antennas.




I did a butterfly with a onesie and a burp cloth. The onesie is a little harder. You just have to play with the folds until you get it the size you want. These would look really cute if you use a wash cloth with a design on the fabric.

Here is my finished 4 tier boutique butterfly cake, front & back:



Perfect for a butterfly themed baby shower centerpiece!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Those are very cute!

Kimberly said...

Very cute idea!