If you are planning a baby shower and are stumped for food ideas, here are a few recipes that are quick & easy to prepare.
If you are looking to stay on the light side, try this no-mayo chicken salad. It's quick to make and goes well with salad greens or small rolls.
No-Mayo Roasted Chicken Salad
- 1 Roasted chicken - pick up a ready-made one at your neighborhood grocers deli
- 14 - 16 red seedless grapes, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Shred or dice chicken meat. Place in a large mixing bowl and add all ingredients. Mix well & chill until ready to serve. Makes 4 servings.
Pasta salad is an easy dish to make that goes a long way. This pasta salad can be made with your choice of veggies.
Pasta Salad with Feta Dressing
- 1-16 oz. box pasta, any shape.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Chopped Italian parsley, about a handful
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 packaged feta cheese, crumbled
- Vegetables of your choice, thinly sliced (julienne cut) - I like to use zucchini, yellow squash, green & red bell peppers, and carrots - about 1-2 of each depending on size.
- Cherry, grape, or sun dried tomatoes - quartered.
- 1 small can sliced black olives
Cook pasta, drain, and let cool slightly. Whisk together next 5 ingredients, then mix in feta cheese. Mix dressing and veggies into pasta. Chill until ready to serve. Makes about 8 servings.
One of my husband's co-workers brought this dessert to work and everyone loved it. The great thing about it is you can insert your own name and call it your creation!
(Insert your name) Incredible Dessert Cheese Ball
- 1 stick of butter, softened to room temperature
- 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 drops of vanilla
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Chopped pecans
- Mini chocolate chips (mini only!)
- 1 box chocolate wafers
Using an electric mixer, mix butter & cream cheese until well combined. Add vanilla. Mix in brown sugar & powdered sugar until combined. The mixture will be very soft and will need to chill for about 2 hours. Once it has chilled you can then form into a ball. Spread pecans & mini chocolate chips on a plate. Roll dessert ball in mixture until coated. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Serve with chocolate wafers. Your guests will definitely want the recipe!
Happy cooking & baby shower planning!