Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Asian & Latin Baby Shower | Pink & Brown Baby Girl Shower

After 10 years of being a couple my brother-in-law and sister-in-law decided to take the next big step and have a baby. Our family is very excited and impatiently waiting the arrival of their baby girl in October.

Of course, I insisted on planning their baby shower for my first niece. My sister-in-law is Asian and our family is Latin. They wanted a couples baby shower and we wanted to make sure it wasn't too girlie so the guys wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

We decided to do an Asian themed baby shower with Latin food. Pink, brown, and sage were the baby shower theme colors.

I found an adorable "Good Luck" baby shower invitation online with lanterns and cherry blossoms. I changed the file to a jpeg and then changed the background color to sage. Then I bought some white card stock at Michael's Crafts and printed the invitations. They came out beautiful and were very unique.



My sister-in-law didn't want to go overboard with the Asian decorations. So we just used a few decorative candles to tie into the theme and these hanging swirl baby shower decorations. These beautiful cherry blossom candles and lucky elephants were the perfect addition.




I used mini Chinese take-out favor boxes in pink and green and personalized favor tags with a cherry blossom design for baby shower favors.



The baby shower favor boxes were filled with homemade fortune cookies dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles. I had my brother-in-law and sister-in-law come up with some cute fortunes for the cookies. They were adorable and delicious. So much better than store bought cookies.



My Preppy Pink Diaper Cake was used as the baby shower centerpiece. Although it did not have any Asian accents on it I tied in the shower theme colors of pink and brown.



For dessert I made a cupcake tower. I used the cupcake stand I made (see previous blog post for directions) for my daughter's baby shower and redecorated with pink, brown and sage.



The cupcakes were dressed in these adorable Cupcake Cuddlers. They really gave the cupcakes that extra special touch. I call them evening wear for cupcakes!






We played a couple of typical baby shower games - tummy measure game, to see how big my sister-in-laws belly was, and these cute scratch-off games.

It ended up being a fantastic party. It was the perfect mix for their Asian & Latin themed baby shower. Everybody had a great time including the guys!

No comments: