Sunday, September 23, 2007

More Optimizing and a Sick Baby

This has been a hectic few days. My poor little Alexander has been running a fever for a couple of days. We ended up taking him to the emergency room at 2:00 in the morning on Sunday because he woke up with a nasty, barking cough and his fever had spiked. Turns out he developed croup. You wouldn't have known he was sick except for the fever. He had no other symptoms and was as active as usual. Sometimes I wish I could bottle that energy and use it when mine was depleted.

I haven't been able to get much work done on the website with Alexander being sick. Google has been crawling my site every 5 days but there hasn't been much change in my rank. I just changed a few of my keywords and made a few changes to the homepage welcome to better optimize it with my title and meta description.

I have been trying to figure out how to add category links to the right side of my website. I want to add links for articles on my site, as well as posts from my blog. I use Miva Merchant 5 as a shopping cart and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to do this.

What I really want to do is redesign the storefront using CSS style sheets to achieve this. I have been reading HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS to learn how to easily create style sheets. This is a great book and it is extremely easy to understand. I am not the most technical person in the world and have a very tight time schedule, so it is important to me to have things written in plain english.

Well, hopefully my sweet baby will be better soon and I will be able to get some rest so that I can have energy to stay up late and find better ways to optimize my site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like everything worth doing requires some sort of add-on with MIVA. In the end it seems like we get nickle and dimed to death. I guess eventually someone will come along and create a package that includes all the goodies and steal their market share. I am pretty sure someone at google is hard at work as we speak ;-) I hope your baby gets well soon. There is nothing more important than our little ones' health.

Sincerely,

Perpetual Browser