When planning the menu also take into consideration your guests taste in food. Check to make sure no one has any food restrictions. For the most part keep the menu light and tasty.
Here are a few food ideas that will work for most baby showers:
- Appetizers - Spinach Dip with crusty chunks of bread, vegetable platter with ranch dip, hummus with pita chips, seafood dip with crusty bread, cheese plate with crackers.
- Antipasto Skewers - Cut mozzarella cheese, salami, and ham into bite-size chunks. Put in a bowl and add kalamata olives (pitted), roasted red peppers (cut into squares), and cherry tomatoes. Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian parsley, minced garlic, and salt & pepper to taste. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Thread 1 piece of each item onto wooden skewers and arrange on a platter. Serve with crusty Italian or French bread.
- Entrees and / or Side Dishes - Chicken salad, quiche, pasta salad, tortilla roll-up sandwiches, finger sandwiches, mini pita sandwiches.
- Dessert - You can have a full size cake for the baby shower or you could also make cupcakes. Cupcakes can be easily decorated to match the baby shower theme and used as a table centerpiece.
Here is a great tutorial on how to make a cupcake stand and you can customize it to match your baby shower decorations. Besides cake you can also serve fresh fruit or a fruit salad with some light whip cream on the side, cookies, or small pastries.
- This is a tasty recipe that is quick & easy:
Keep the menu simple so that most of it can be prepared in advance and setup right before the baby shower begins. This way you have time to spend playing hostess rather then being stuck in the kitchen. If you can afford it, have the party catered or plan to have it at a restaurant.
Now that you have some ideas on planning a pampered mommy baby shower you can get to work. Just remember this baby shower is all about the expecting mommy!